''The inspiration for the artist is like breathing, you do not think when you breathe''
Greek painter, born in 1958 in Patras. From a very young age, he showed great interest in painting and finally followed this artistic path, participating in many solo and group exhibitions in Greece and abroad from 1983 to 1988. In 1985, Dimitris Mitaras, Rector of the Athens School of Fine Arts, was impressed by his artistic dexterity and asked him to attend the School, as a special talent. He attended freelance lessons drawing, anatomy and chromatology classes of the Russian School of Painting in Florence and Rome.
From 1988 to 2017, he abstained from increased painting activity. In this period, his painting passion was only expressed during his free time. His of absence from professional painting in this period, perhaps hindered the recognition he truly deserved. In 1985, he awarded, in a national painting competition, in Piraeus, as best younger, talented painter in Greece. His paintings can be found in art venues, Museums, Art Galleries and private collections.
His return in 2017 was unexpectedly positive, his works were very quickly preferred by collectors in Europe, the USA and Asia.
In a very short time, he was accompanied by many proposals, artistic spaces, to present his works and technique, inspired mainly by the Greek sea, nature, but also in general his artistic search has no barriers, the universe, society, science, woman and the evolution of life, are imprinted on the canvas in a transparent and clear visual way.
Has Watched anatomy and constantly updates his knowledge with new methods and techniques applied in contemporary painting!
In the summer of 2019 he painted in the countryside, in Santorini, in Mykonos, in Monemvasia, in Paros and in the small Cyclades.
He uses both oil and mixed paints. His inexhaustible theme triggers emotions in viewers, mainly with reference to nature, the Greek landscape and the sea. His paintings, created using brushes and palette knives, express modern, contemporary, free and decisive movements, influenced by impressionism, yet with an expressionistic twist. Without always avoiding contours, but often with an abstract predisposition, he prefers to guide the view and perception of viewers, through intense color correlations and an entirely personal style. The unique relationship he develops on the canvas with the colors, techniques and materials is shaped a lyricism, which is the result of the religious devotion that Sokratis Evgenidis has found in the unwritten rules of this exquisite art.
Recent artistic activities.
● Thessaloniki, Myro Gallery ● Patras, Agora Argyrh - Polyhedron ● Spetses, Anargyrios School ● Hydra, Municipality ● Zakynthos, Sentido Luis ● Xylokastro, SF Space Art ● Larissa, Remember me ● Halkidiki, Marelia Art Place
● Santorini, Art Space, Argyros ● Amorgos, Aegialis Art Place ● Athens, E Studio Gallery
● Embassy of Venezuela, under the supervision of Historical Art, Annita Patsouraki
● Embassy of Cuba, under the supervision of Historical Art, Annita Patsouraki
Recent Posts: Links
● ART AND DESIGN INPIRATION (FEATURED ARTIST JUNE 2020)
● ARTBAAZAR Interview
● ARTBAAZAR Tribute to works of art
● ARTRPORTAL Interview
● ARTwanted, Featured Artist
● SINGULART, on December 2019, he was suggested by Singulart as one of the best artists of the year.
● Polis Magazino, Interview
● IT S ONLY ARTS, Artist of the day
● UGALLERY, Best of seascape Artists
Fine Arts Society of Patras Kostis Palamas http://www.kostispalamas-fas.gr/portfolio-item/eugenidis-sokratis/